Friday, February 27, 2009

Dogs can grow beards all over..

Well, I'm glad to announce that my army training has finally come to a
close! :-) after 16 weeks of high-speed and not so easy training I'm
finally a member of some of the worlds toughest medical professionals:
an army combat medic. With less than 5 days between me and going home,
I'm pretty happy!! All that remains is cleaning, turning in TA-50,
graduation practice, and packing to go home! To all my dear and
wonderful friends reading this, I thank you for your prayers, without
you I don't know if I could've made it. Although without experiencing
what a soldier goes through none of you will ever understand our
lives, I still thank you for supporting and encouraging us as we serve
our nation and families. I will never be the same after the hell on
earth I've been through. Some for the better, some for the worse, I'm
a changed man. There is little room for the child in me as I see the
seriousness of the real world as we live in. I no longer can talk
about what I'll do when I grow up. I'm already there.. And that's a
scary thought as I plan out the next few years. God has stayed at my
side through it all though, and I know that's not about to change.
When I get home I'm planning to get a temporary job working on an
ambulance until I head off either to combat, or college. There's no
question that I'm going to do both, the question is which will come
first.. Regardless, I have a lot of work to do to get ready for my
future, mostly in the next six months. As my family prepares to
possibly move to Korea Germany or Italy in the next year or so that's
yet another reminder that I truly am a self-sufficient adult and I
won't always have somebody to pick up after my mistakes..
Anyway, that's my update, hope you enjoy..

Oh and btw the picture is something I made in my spare time.. I've
started to do a bit of graphic design on the side as my hobby. Perhaps
I can incorporate it into my love for photography and get a few extra
bucks while I work through college.

5 comments:

Alyssa Jean said...

Dear Matthew,
I'm so glad to hear that you're done with everything. :D
I know it feels weird suddenly realizing that you're a grown man. Childhood is over now, but you know what? You don't have to completely lose that child within you. I hope that you still keep some of those boyish anitics about you. I hope to ALWAYS keep my child-like spirit within me no matter what I go through. Christ said to his disciples that we must be like a child to be able to enter the kingdom of Heaven. That doesn't mean immature, but it does mean to have a child-like approach to God. To completely trust him.

Please don't lose that child-like playfulness about you. Remember, we both said that we don't want to grow up into boring old adults. ;) We can still become adults, but NOT be boring. ;)

I'm praying for you and can't wait to have you home!

God's blessins to you always Matthew!!

me :)

Matt Skywalker said...

Haha don't worry, I'll NEVER grow into a boring old man.. It's one of the things that depresses me here, because anytime I let a little of the child out all my piers suddenly label me as "gay" "retarded" "crayon-eater" "rock-brain" etc.. They all say I'm really smart and a good medic but socially retarded... I'll never really fit in with that society though.. :-) I'm ready to be home where I'll once again fit in!!! See ya in a few days!
God bless

Me ;-p

Melody Jo said...

Wow, you're socially retarded? I thought you were just a cool dude. But maybe that's because I'm the kind that will eat paper and seems socially awkward, myself. Good luck with the decision making and may God guide your feet.

Anonymous said...

Hey Skywalker! Congratulations!!! Good that your a 'grown-up' now!! lol* !!!!! God does say to grow up and put away childish things. There is a guy I know that is like 35 and still spends his life playing video games and all that jazz, but doesnt have a wife-and he is going to be a youth pastor!! uggghhh. yeah let a youth, pastor youth. what can he teach??? "yeah video games are more important to me than a wife". Whatever. Sorry Ive went on and o!!!! lol* well g2g
Night rider
guess thats all to say "Congrats to you for realizing that growing up is good! 'men stand up and boys sit down'!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!