Sunday, February 15, 2009

Another day another dollar..

Hey Everybody, 
I'm sure some of you are wondering how I'm doing.. Well, I've been better, but I've also been worse.. the days seem to creep by slower each day closer to graduation I get.. I wish I were allowed to have a camera with me during training hours, because we've done some pretty cool stuff! I think my favorite training so far is blood labs. The first rule of blood labs is "don't talk about blood labs" (which if you haven't seen "fight club" you won't know where that is from) but since none of you are medics in training it's ok ;) It's a big room, where the only light is different colored strobe lights flashing like crazy all over so it's really hard to see, and then they have german hard rock/metal (Rammstein) playing SUPER loud, and then they have these cool $20,000 manikins that breath, scream, have pulses, move... all that jazz... ;) there's fake blood all over them, and all over the place, and an instructor randomly walks around with a spray bottle full of it spraying you if you aren't controlling the bleeding. It was a huge adrenaline rush going in there. Plus I like Rammstein, so instead of distracting me like it's supposed to, it pumped me up. This coming week we're going to FTX (field training exercise) so I'll be out of comm until next tuesday or so. (No phones or electronics of any kind) it's going to be fun though ;) After that, I'm done training, and all that's left is getting ready to go home!! 
I need some stuff to take pictures of! But the only places I've really been here are kinda boring.. I mean who takes pictures at the mall unless you're with good friends?? I mean the Hacienda club across the street is kinda fun, but the only time we ever go there is after dark, and then we go outside and the only light is from all the strobe lights, and it's loud from the jukebox :) so yea, it's fun to dance out there, but unlike line dancing, there's not any kind of lighting for pictures!! lol 
My flag :) 

So anyway, this morning was a really great time for me. Most wouldn't understand, but those who do know what I'm talking about ;) 
Well, today I'm going to do some shopping to get all the stuff that I need for the FTX week, so I guess I'm going to go.. plus I'm talking to some friends on the phone right now.. (love you Hamachers) :) 
Anyway, God Bless you all, I'll work on finding some more stuff to take pictures of before I leave!! Have a great week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well sounds like ur havin a nice time!!!!! LOL have fun w/FTX!!
Night Rider

Matt Skywalker said...

Trying to! Thanks! Home in 14 days woot!

Anonymous said...

awesome!!!