Sunday, January 4, 2009

Movies, fingernails, and classrooms.

Well, I just finished watching a movie, and "somebody" will be glad to know I loved it. By the end of the movie my fingernails were gone, and if I hadn't been in an army bay I'd have been jumping up and down yelling:p ok, I admit, most wouldn't guess it, but I've got a bit of the hopeless romantic in me.. maybe from my mom, but anyway if you haven't figured it out by now, I'm talking about the movie "August Rush" few movies are as soul-grabbing as it was. I generally am more attracted to fast-paced action movies, but every now and then a movie grabs me by the heart and takes me for a ride. This was one of those :) so anyway, I'm doing good down here, tomorrow it's back to the grindstone going to class.. The temps dropped a lot today, the last two days have been around 80!! But hopefully it won't be cold tomorrow!
Another fun movie you might like to see is Kung Fu panda. It was cute and really funny. A little dumb at times, but generally pretty humorous :D well, I'd better get to bed, so ttyl! God bless you and protect you, and have a blessed year to come!
Your brother in Christ, matthew

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay...I saw a camera my friend has and I'm wondering if it is as good as the canon s5 is. It is a canon powershot sx 10 is. what is the difference? thanks

Anonymous said...

o yeah... and add the canon power shot G10 in w/ that. LOL

Matt Skywalker said...

I looked at both these cameras when I got mine. The only thing about the g10 is the smaller zoom (5x vs. 12x) and I'm not sure if it takes additional lenses. The sx 10 was actually higher on my choices, but it was more expensive since it's newer than the s5is and I'm not sure if it takes lenses either. Knowing canon though I'd guess it does. If you can find an affordable one i'd look more into the gx 10 though. The base price retail for just the camera is around 400 though.. The s5 retails under 300 without all the lenses filters tripods memory batteries and stuff I got for mine.

Matt Skywalker said...

I meant sx10 not gx10

Anonymous said...

thanks so much! I like the larger zoom. so my first pick is the sx10 is. Best Buy is supposed to match the price if you find it cheaper somewhere else, and I found a site that sells it(brand new) for 275. so that was really great! dont know if I'll be able to get it because it is still out of my price range, but im getting a little extra for doing odd jobs (washing dogs-not so bad because I love animals-and other stuff.)but w/ the memory card and the case.........
oh well. if you're interested in the site I found them so cheap it is digitalsfuture.com another that is supposed to be good is cheapuncle.com Just bring proof that you saw it.(like I rinted out the whole page)-(to best buy) (supposedly-i hope so cuz im counting on it!!)
But thank you again!! sorry i write so much-i wont anymore! LOL
God Bless

Anonymous said...

oh... how much are filters and extras like that?

Matt Skywalker said...

LOL don't worry I like getting tons of long comments on my blog :) extras I found cheapest on eBay, filters are really cheap, but lenses can be pretty pricy.. Like pushing $100 each depending on the type. Huh.. I didn't know that about best buy.. That's cool though. Yea zoom is awesome..

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I doubt I'll get any extra zooms...I need a tripod and filters first...and that will still take a while to get that. Oh well, if I do end up getting this, I'll be totally happy!! :oD

Anonymous said...

haha...I just (well last night) painted a basement! LOL more for my camera!..I'm going today to see if they really will take the low price I saw! I was told by a few people that they do, but I dont trust it till I find if out for myself. I'll let you know.